Field Day 2019 Information
Hello CCARC Members,
This is Steve Merrell KI6LIM the 2019 Field Day (FD) Chair. FD is almost here. Here is some information.
FD Object: To work as many stations as possible on the 160, 80, 40, 20, 15- and 10-Meter HF bands, as well as all bands 50 MHz and above, and in doing so to learn to operate in abnormal situations in less than optimal conditions. We’ll be operating from gasoline generators
· Official Field Day 2019 will be held June 22-23, however set-up and the Pot luck will be the Friday the 21 June
o Operating begins at 1800 UTC Saturday and ending at 2059 UTC Sunday or 1100 Saturday to 1259 Sunday.
· We’ll be operating from the Scout Hut in Central Park. The KE6RN.com website has an image and directions to the site. It is the same place we operated from last year.
· We will operate from emergency power; however, the Scout Hut is air conditioned! Tough field conditions!
Friday 21 Jun (Local Time)
0730 Set up begins -- especially big antenna(s) set-up WE need your help!
1800 Pot Luck Dinner Utensils burgers and hot dogs provided. Andy is the POC for the Pot Luck.
Saturday 22 Jun
1100 FD Operating begins
Sunday 23 Jun
1259 FD Operations end
New things this year. Last year’s antenna build was a great success. This year we are trying new events and opportunities to learn are being added.
· Jackie Abbott KK6TFM (My Daughter) will be at the FD site to make adhesive call sign window stickers for the club members. She made the one in the back of my truck. You must be present to have one made.
· Elmer Opportunity. Bring your problems or questions and the CCARC Brain Trust and let the experts help. Need help programming a radio come see the Elmers.
· Demonstrations and Tutorials
o There will be demonstrations and tutorials scattered throughout FD event. Just ask about the Demo/Tutorial you are interested in. Some of the are:
§ HF Digital Modes Demo (FT8, FT4, RTTY and more).
§ SSTV Demo
§ HF Operation (What FD is about)
§ Antenna Analyzer
§ Satellite communications
§ Slow Scan TV
· Please come and operate. Bring your friends and family.